After a record-breaking number of abstracts in 2023, NutraIngredients invites authors from around the world to submit abstracts for presentation at our Scientific Frontiers Session at Probiota in Milan, Italy in February 2024.
*NEW FOR 2024*
NutraIngredients is pleased to announce that there are now 2 categories for submission. Researchers will be required to select if they are submitting their abstracts as industry research or as student-led research projects (open to PhD students). As part of this new selection to support those upcoming in the industry, the winning student-led abstract author will receive an all-expenses** paid trip to attend Probiota 2024.
If your abstract is selected:
All successful authors will be invited to present their work as a poster at Probiota 2024 and will receive a 30% discount on their delegate registration to attend Probiota and a 2024 Scientific Frontiers certificate.
The top-rated industry abstract will receive a complimentary delegate place* to attend Probiota, have the opportunity to present their research live from the stage as part of the 2024 Probiota programme and a 2024 Scientific Frontiers Trophy.
will receive an all expenses** paid trip to attend Probiota 2024 and also present their research on stage to our community of microbiota experts as part of the 2024 programme and a 2024 Scientific Frontiers Trophy .
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research or promising ideas covering the following topics are encouraged:
• Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions
• Application and development of “-omics” approaches in biomarker discovery, including identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains.
• Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and wellbeing, including mechanism of action and bioactive discovery and isolation
• Early findings from large-scale research projects and clinical trials
• Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery, formulation and shelf-life
• Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing
• Human intervention studies
All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by our independent Scientific Committee , made up of leading experts within the fields of prebiotics, probiotics, and the microbiome.
Closing date for abstracts is Friday, 13th October, 2023
Please download and review the guidelines before submitting your abstract
*The complimentary delegate place is for one industry author and includes:
• Access to the full three days of Probiota including networking events. It does not include hotel accommodation, travel and/or any other expenses.
**The all-expenses paid trip to attend Probiota 2024 is for one student author and includes:
• A delegate place with access to the full three days of the event
• Hotel accommodation( including breakfast) on Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th February 2024 at the NH Congress Hotel Milan
• Lunch on Thursday 8th and Friday 9th February at Probiota
• Dinner on Thursday 8th February at the Probiota Social Evening
• Return economy travel to/from the event up to the value of €500 (travel will be reimbursed upon receipts supplied with invoice)
• Any additional expenses are the responsibility of the author